Notification: New government fees payable to the Immigration Appeals Board
Immigration Amendment Regulations, 2023 – L.N. 1 of 2023
Notification date: January 2023
We would like to notify about an amendment issued to the Immigration Act (CAP. 217), Immigration (Amendment) Regulations, 2023 whereby, Regulation 19 of the principal regulations has been substituted by the following new regulation, having fees payable to the Immigration Appeals Board:
(1) Any person who feels aggrieved by any decision of the Principal Immigration Officer or by decisions with respect to the issuance of residence permits, the issuance of visas or matters of carrier liability may appeal to the Board as provided for in article 25A of the Act.
(2) The fees payable in respect of appeals shall be taxed in accordance with the scales of fees stipulated in the Schedule annexed to these regulations and shall in all cases be levied by the Board.”.
The new fees payable to Registrar of the Immigration Appeals Board are as follows:
• For the filing of an application of an appeal from decisions on the issuance of residence permits – €45
• For the filing of an application of an appeal from decisions on the issuance of visas – €120
• For the filing of an application of an appeal from decisions on matters of carrier liability – €120
If you require our assistance for any type of appeal, please get in touch by email on [email protected] and visit our dedicated webpage for more information or the Immigration FAQs for Third Country Nationals.
Sciberras Advocates founded by Dr Adrian Sciberras, is a law firm based in Malta. The firm prides itself to be multi-disciplinary, innovative and flexible in order to meet the changing times and any challenges in the local and international legal scenario. No matter what private or corporate complex demands are called for, Sciberras Advocates offers practical and cost-effective legal solutions to achieve your desired results. You may reach Sciberras Advocates by phone on +35627795222 or via email on [email protected].